How To Install Firefox And Why You Should Install Firefox
Firefox is a popular web browser. If you're not sure what a web browser is, then think of "Internet Explorer" (Windows) or "Safari" (Mac). You use these programs to surf the internet.
So, why do we recommend all of our clients use Firefox?
- Viruses and malware are designed to target "Internet Explorer". This is because scammers go for easy targets and big targets. Most people use internet explorer, especially those who aren't computer savvy. It's these same people the bad guys are targeting, so you instantly increase your safety by using Firefox.
- Firefox is regularly updated: Firefox is constantly improving and releases updates to make their browser better all the time. "Internet Explorer" is owned by microsoft and comes installed on many machines, so they don't need to work to improve to keep their users. Whereas Firefox has to work harder and offer more benefits to get new users. (Firefox is completely free btw).
- Firefox invented tabs and is still the king of tabs: Firefox allows you to have multiple tabs in the same window. This makes surfing easier and more compact. Microsoft "Borrowed" the concept, but Firefox still does it better.
- Firefox blocks annoying pop-ups: Firefox gives you the ability to block pop-ups and other annoying advertising. There's even an extension you can install so that instead of seeing advertising, you'll see works of art instead, pretty cool, right?
- There are loads more reasons, like the ability to customise easily, in-built search function, their homepage is a Google search screen, it's open-source and user driven, etc... but we thoroughly recommend it to all of our clients.
How do I install Firefox?
Instead of reinventing the wheel, I've reposted one of the 100s of videos out there that explain how to install Firefox.